- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 glazed doughnuts, halved horizontally
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Step 1 Beat cream, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Step 2 Place the bottom half of one doughnut on a plate. Spoon 1/4 cup whipped cream onto the doughnut, arrange 1/4 of the sliced strawberries over the whipped cream, and then spoon another 1/4 cup whipped cream over the strawberries. Top with remaining doughnut half. Repeat with remaining doughnuts, cream, and strawberries.
We chose not to sweeten the strawberries since the doughnut is sweeter than a traditional shortcake biscuit. However, if you’d like, you can add 1 tablespoon of sugar to the sliced strawberries.
You can also use doughnut holes and create a layered dessert in a glass jar. Slice the doughnut holes into halves for the layers.
Per Serving: 766 calories; protein 7.3g; carbohydrates 57.4g; fat 58.2g; cholesterol 166.6mg; sodium 252.2mg.