- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl; add pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, and softened butter. Beat mixture with an electric hand mixer on low speed until combined into a batter; spoon into a donut pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until donuts spring back when touched, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Beat confectioners’ sugar, melted butter, water, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth. Dip warm donuts into the glaze and let any excess glaze drip back into bowl before placing glazed donut on prepared baking sheet to cool.
To make cinnamon sugar donuts, melt 1/4 cup butter and mix together 1/2 cup white sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon. When donuts are done baking, dip them in the melted butter, then the cinnamon-sugar mixture.