Unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate cheesecake ingredients
Cream cheese softened
Semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Cherry pie filling
Medium piping bag fitted with a star tip
How to Make Pressure Cooker Cheesecake
How to Make A Cookie Crust:
- Begin by lining the bottom of a springform pan (6-inch) with parchment paper. Spray the sides with baking spray so nothing sticks to the pan.
- Using a food processor grind up the 24 Oreo cookies. They will be sand-texture for making your chocolate crust.
- Add in the melted butter, and combine the two.
- Carefully push the crushed oreos into the springform pan to add make the crust.
- Put the crust into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture. This will help it to set up a bit.
Chocolate cheesecake Directions:
- Using a stand mixer combine the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and mix until nice and creamy.
- Slowly add the cocoa powder, melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Slowly combine the egg, making sure to not overmix. Overmixing causes the cheesecake to crack.
- Pour the chocolate cheesecake filling over the Oreo cookie crust.
- Cover the Instant Pot black forest cheesecake tightly with foil, and pour in 1 cup of water in the instant pot.
- Add the trivet in the Instant Pot, and then lower your cheesecake in.
- Close the pressure cooker lid and ensure it is sealed on the valve. Cook the black forest cheesecake on high pressure for 35 minutes with a 20-minute natural release.
- Take off the lid and wipe up excess water with a paper towel or other soft cloth. There will be water on top of the aluminum foil as well as the lid.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pot and allow the cake to cool for an hour, then transfer to the fridge to refrigerate overnight.
- Place a trivet inside
- Take a sharp knife, run it around the edge of the springform pan to loosen the crust.
- Take off the springform pan and place the cheesecake onto a serving plate if you would like.
- Add cool whip around the edge of the cheesecake. Be sure to leave the center open for the cherry pie filling.
- Carefully spoon cherry pie filling into the center of the cheesecake. This will give it that black forest cheesecake look and feel.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate sprinkles for some extra character.
- Slice and serve the homemade black forest cheesecake!