This Blueberry Lemon Bread is super moist, easy to make, and topped with a delicious lemon glaze. Perfect for breakfast or dessert!
While it’s almost time to start breaking out the apple and pumpkin recipes, I can’t help but want to keep baking with fresh fruit. Especially when it’s something as delicious as this blueberry lemon bread.
I originally published the recipe for this bread when I first started my blog in 2014. While the recipe is still the same, I wanted to update the post with better pictures and reshare it with you because this is still a recipe that I absolutely adore.
Aside from the fact that this bread is SO delicious, it’s also simple to make too. You don’t need even need a mixer to make it and it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare and get into the oven!
To make the bread, you’ll start out by whisking together some flour, baking powder, and salt. When it comes to measuring your flour for this bread, you want to avoid scooping it out of the container. Instead, stir the flour around, spoon it into your measuring cup, and level it off with the back of a knife.
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter an 8×4 inch loaf pan, line the bottom and two sides of the pan with the parchment paper, as shown in the photo.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- In the same bowl where you combined flour, add blueberries and toss them in 2 tablespoons of flour. This will help prevent blueberries from sinking.
- Fold in lemon zest, and blueberries into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 40 minutes on a wire rack.