Baked Shrimp with a simple Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce – this recipe couldn’t get any easier and you’ll be dreaming about this sauce! You get perfectly tender baked shrimp covered in a rich sauce that’s perfect for sopping up with fresh crusty bread. Plus you can’t beat the quick bake time here!
Oven Baked Shrimp Recipe with a Simple Sauce
This recipe is proof that it really doesn’t take much to make an impressive and incredibly satisfying dinner.
This shrimp is brimming with bright fresh flavor and with this oven baked method your shrimp will end with a perfect final texture. Nothing gummy or rubbery here just delicate, plump and juicy shrimp.
As always just be sure not to over-cook it. In my opinion a number one key to good shrimp.
Ingredients for Baked Shrimp with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- Extra large raw shrimp – large or jumbo size will work too just adjust bake time slightly (give or take).
- Butter – salted or unsalted will work here.
- Garlic – use fresh garlic for best results.
- Lemon juice – don’t use the bottled stuff here only fresh.
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes – if you don’t like heat omit, if you love heat add extra.
- Fresh parsley – not only will this add color but a light herby flavor that pairs well with lemon.
1 lb. raw shrimp, cleaned, peeled and deveined
8 Tbs. butter (1 stick), melted
3 cloves garlic, minced (my addition)
1 packet of Good Seasons Italian all natural seasoning
1 1/2 lemon, sliced into circles
1 Tbs. dried parsley leaves
1 tsp. black pepper, ground
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with minced garlic, and pour into a 9×111 inch glass casserole dish, spreading it all over the bottom of the dish.
Arrange the lemon slices on top of butter, forming a single layer.
Arrange the cleaned and deveined shrimp on top of the lemon slices.
Sprinkle the Italian Seasoning over the shrimp.
Sprinkle the parsley flakes and pepper on top of that.
Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.