- 1 green onion (for garnish – optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb shrimp (tails and shells removed, deveined)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Old Bay seasoning, to taste
- 2 cups seasoned French fries
- Oil for frying
- 5 oz cheese curds
How to make Parmesan Basil Shrimp Poutine:
- Dice the green onion and set aside.
- Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan and simmer on medium low, about 15 minutes, until cream is reduced by half.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Lower the heat and keep warm while you prepare the shrimp and fries.
- Heat the oil in a high sided pan on medium-high heat or a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Deep fry the French fries about 5 minutes until crisp. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with paper towel.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with Old Bay seasoning to taste. Click for Old Bay Seasoning.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter until melted.
- Cook the shrimp, stirring often, until pink and opaque, about 5 minutes and drain