* 4 pounds chuck roast or pot roast
* 1 packet ranch mix
* 1 packet au jus mix or brown gravy mix, low sodium
* 6 pepperoncini peppers plus ½ cup juice
* ¼ cup butter
1. Brown roast in a pan over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes per side.
2. Place roast in the bottom of a slow cooker and add pepperoncini juice. Sprinkle with ranch mix and gravy mix.
3. Add peppers and sliced butter to the top of the slow cooker.
4. Cook on low 8-10 hours or until fork tender.
5. Serve over mashed potatoes.
This can be cooked on high for 4-6 hours but I prefer to cook on low for a tender buttery roast if time allows.
If you check your roast early and it’s tough, it likely needs more time. Opening the slow cooker frequently will add additionaly cook time to this recipe.