No Bake Pineapple Dream Dessert topped with coconut is cool, creamy and perfect for summer. You’ll want to make this easy vintage dessert again and again! It was originally called Pineapple Dream Torte, and it was just a little slip of paper pasted onto a larger sheet, along with several others. I guess it was easier to keep track of them this way, instead of just throwing a lot of clippings into a bag.
It just doesn’t tell you where the recipe came from. This Pineapple Dream Dessert is a no bake pineapple lush recipe. It has a shortbread crust and is the perfect no-bake dessert recipe! What is a dream dessert anyway? There are so many names for this no-bake casserole I never know what to call it!Summer is officially in full swing at my house. Kids got out of school last Thursday and I lost all of my hair by Saturday.
I kid. I kid. Sorta. This is the time of year that working from home has some serious downfalls. The filling is a creamy pineapple-flavored cheesecake and it’s mounded on top of a buttery graham cracker crust. It’s just totally yummy. Keep in mind that the cheesecake layer may also be used as a sweet dip. Of course it goes well with graham crackers, but it’s also nice with vanilla or chocolate wafers. This No-Bake Pineapple Dream Dessert is so yummy. Beautiful desserts like this one that people love that require no baking are my favorite.
This recipe looks absolutely beautiful and festive. If you like pineapple you are going to adore this. Bonus if you are a fan of coconut, too! I found this gem of a dessert recipe on Pinterest, when I saw this I knew this would be a winner, and sure enough I was right…one word for this is AMAZING!!! This is the best summertime dessert! You need to make this! There’s chilling time here, 1 hour for the butter/cream cheese filling and another 4 hours chilling time before serving, but best to make it a day ahead, I found 4 hours was not enough time as the filling was not hard enough
Pineapple dream dessert is a cool, creamy easy no bake summer pineapple dessert made with a graham cracker crust and canned pineapple that’s easy to make and perfect for summer!
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 8-oz tub whipped topping, like Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 20 graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple (drained)
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese with an electric mixer until slightly fluffy
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, and mix until well combined
- Mix in the whipped topping, and beat until fluffy
- With a spatula, fold in the crushed pineapple, then set aside
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the crushed graham crackers, granulated sugar and melted butter until well combined, then, pat mixture into a 9 X 9 baking dish
- Spoon the filling over the crust, and smooth with spatula until even
- Top with shredded coconut and diced pineapple, and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm