Source photo : https://houseofnasheats.com
These Perfect Southern Pecan Pralines are a unique cross between cookies and candy! Flavored with butter, sugar, vanilla and toasted pecans, they’re a melt-in-your-mouth candy you HAVE to try.
- 1 & ½ cups pecan halves or chopped pecans
- 1 & ½ cups granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ cup evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Line 2 cupcake tins with about 16-20 paper liners. Set aside briefly.
- In a large, heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the pecan halves, sugars, butter, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stick in a candy thermometer and stir constantly while boiling until temperature reaches 235° to 240° degrees F, about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and working quickly and CAREFULLY, beat the mixture vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens and almost turns cloudy and opaque in color, about 2-5 minutes.
- Working fast, use a spoon or cookie dough scoop to portion the hot candy into each muffin tin, covering the bottom of the muffin cup. You should get about 16-20 candies, depending on how much you fill each cupcake tin. Cool the candy COMPLETELY. Candy is ready once it’s reached room temperature and is firm and solid. Peel away cupcake liners before serving.