- 8 cups lettuce, chopped (the amount of lettuce is determined by the size of the bowl)
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
- 8 strips cooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups mild or sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 green onions, tops sliced thinly, for garnish, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl whisk all dressing ingredients until well combined, set aside.
- In a large glass container with straight sides, add lettuce.
- Slice and add eggs, layering them along the sides.
- Continue with additional ingredients, adding in layers.
- Spread the dressing over the top layer.
- Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese and peas and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight before serving.
- Before serving, add more bacon and green onions, if desired.
- Store leftovers in the covered bowl in the refrigerator.