I have been on the Weight Watchers plan since this summer and have lost 20 pounds. I’d still like to lose a few more to hit my goal weight. The new Weight Watchers Freestyle plan is making that easy. Over 200 foods are zero points, and many of those zero point foods can be combined to make some delicious recipes like this One Point Cheesecake. Today I am sharing a staple of the plan for me – 0 Point Chili in the Crock Pot. Made with 0 point ground chicken breast and 0 point beans, this recipe doesn’t skimp on taste!
0 POINT CHILI IN THE CROCK POT
I made this 0 point chili in the crock pot with 99% fat free ground chicken breast. Only 99% fat free chicken breast is 0 points so be sure that is kind you use if you want to keep this dish 0 points. You can also use 99% fat free turkey breast.
I used kidney beans in this chili recipe and they are, you guessed it, 0 points as well. The diced tomatoes I used were also 0 points! Don’t you just love this recipe? Toss all the ingredients and spices into the crock pot (this one is my favorite), give them a stir, and cook for 4 hours on high heat.
The best compliment I got on this 0 point chili was from my husband. The day he ate this for dinner, he had also had chili for lunch at a restaurant. He was a little bummed to have chili again for dinner, but changed his tune when he tasted it. He said it was better than his higher fat and higher calorie restaurant chili. So there you go!
You can serve this with some shredded cheddar and still keep it zero points. I found Kraft Cheese Fat Free Cheddar, which is 0 points for 1/4 of a cup. I don’t think you’d ever mistake the stuff for full fat cheese, but it is very tasty when mixed in with warm chili.
I thought this 0 point chili in the crock pot tasted even better on the second day when reheated and served. No one will complain about leftovers when you are serving this!
- 1 pound 99% fat free ground chicken
- 1 can of Kidney beans drained (15 oz)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles 14.5 oz
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Cook ground chicken in a pan, breaking it apart to create crumbles.
- Add chicken to a crock pot along with kidney beans, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, chopped onion and spices.
- Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Set crock pot to high and cook for 4 hours.