- 1 pound 90% lean ground hamburg
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (separated) plus extra for topping if desired
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 24 oz. jar of Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can of Basil, Oregano & Garlic Diced Tomatoes
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together, except for the marinara sauce, diced tomatoes and 1/2 cup of the Mozzarella cheese, until well combined. Roll mixture into 1.5 inch meatballs.
Pour 1/2 jar of marinara sauce and 1/2 can of diced tomatoes into bottom of slow cooker and mix together. Place meatballs in an even layer on top of sauce. Cover meatballs with remaining marinara sauce and diced tomatoes. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
After 6 hours have passed, remove meatballs from slow cooker with a slotted spoon and set aside. Stir 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese into remaining sauce in slow cooker. Stir until cheese has melted and sauce has thickened.
Toast sandwich buns if desired. Fill with meatballs. Top with additional sauce and Mozzarella cheese, and enjoy!
This recipe makes about 10-12 large meatballs.